The American Mushroom Institute (AMI), a national agricultural trade association located in Avondale, Pennsylvania with an operating budget of $650,000, is seeking an Executive Director. The Executive Director will report to the AMI President, and will be responsible for AMI’s operations, including the development and implementation of association programs and services, supervision of a small staff, and oversight of the association's finances.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on, collaborative leader with experience and proven skills that demonstrate the ability to:
- Work closely with the Board of Directors, AMI President and members to identify industry issues, determine how those issues should be addressed, and be responsible for ensuring that decisions made by the board are implemented.
- Acquire and maintain a broad knowledge of the industry so that the Board is kept well informed, diplomatically motivate and engage the Board and members in the work of the association, organize and oversee the work of committees and individuals involved in association activities so that planned work is successfully completed.
- Working with the AMI President, communicate effectively on a wide range of issues with a diverse audience, including members of the association, academics, government officials, and others involved or interested in the industry.
- Lead the association while working collaboratively, efficiently managing administrative tasks, earning the trust of association members and others, and maintaining the integrity of the association.
- Provide guidance and management to the development and dissemination of association communications, as well as editorial and educational functions.
- Acts with integrity and in the best interests of the organization at all times
- Superior listening skills, and the ability to engage others in productive, solutions oriented discussions that support tangible results
- A natural multi-tasker
- A sense of humor
- Ability to act with diplomacy in diverse situations
- A self-starter with a “no job is too small” attitude and a willingness to work independently or alongside member and staff teams to accomplish organization’s priorities
A Bachelor’s degree is required. Non-profit experience and knowledge of agricultural issues is preferred. Knowledge of agricultural issues is a plus. A minimum of five years’ experience as a manager or senior leader is required. The established salary range for this position is $80,000 - $100,000. Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.